Saturday, July 2, 2011

One Post, Two Shoots

Some of you may be wondering where I've been.  I know!  I'm sorry, blog!! I've totally neglected you.

First, I was very busy in May because I was wrapping up the semester at Orange Coast College where I teach an Interior Design class.  Grading final projects, final exams, turning in grades... it gets overwhelming!  I was also busy getting ready for our long vacation.  We were in Hawaii on the island of Kauai to celebrate my brother's wedding.  It was amazing - and photos will come soon!  But first, time to catch up.

I had a few non-typical shoots before we went on vacation.  My first was a double baptism of my friend Tina's two children.  I really enjoyed shooting this wonderful event and capturing the emotion of the day.  Tina did a fabulous job coordinating the baptism, I only wish I made it to the reception to see all the amazing decor & food for the family.

Collage 1


I crashed my friend Charlene's Interior Design Studio class at Orange Coast College during their final presentation.  The class had an actual client and worked with an architect as well.  What an amazing learning experience for the students!  There is no better way to learn the process of design then to be in the middle of an actual project with clients.  

Their presentation was wonderful and as you can see by the photos, we have a brand new building and studio.  It was great to be able to teach in such a nice environment!
ID-collage-copy

After the presentation, we went outside the building for a few group shots:  students, instructor, clients, architect.   Thanks for letting me be a part of your day, Charlene!
ID215-7-copy
ID215-8-copy

0 comments: