Thursday, September 8, 2011

Home with the D Family

Back in May or June, one of my best friend's husband messaged me asking if I could come back home to Minnesota for a weekend to celebrate H's big birthday.  Umm... how could I say no???  First, it has been 8 years since I've been home AND I haven't seen H in 3 years.  It was all a surprise and I couldn't wait!!!  I wish I had a shot of H's face when I walked into her house.  I have tears in my eyes thinking about it right now.  It was so much fun!!

M even got us Katy Perry concert tickets, but alas, the day I left, it was announced that she had to postpone that date due to sickness. :(  I missed out on Katy Perry, but it really didn't matter.  I got to spend almost 2.5 days with my best friend, meet her new daughter, and get to know Mabel better.  AND we toured Minneapolis which has changed so much since I left.  I miss it so much.  I miss the greenness, the openness, the friendliness, just character of it... it's amazing how much I forgot.  I will always remember these few days I spent with the D Family... I cannot wait to see them again next month when I go back with my family for a friend's wedding (which I will be photographing!).  Love and miss you, friend!!!  xoxo, V


I have to start off with this photo I took of Mabel in the Amber Room at the Guthrie Theater .  Such an amazing place!D-20 
Mabel loves books and was reading everywhere we went.
D-21-23 
D-22


But that was only 1 day we spent at the Guthrie.  Most of the was spent hanging out at home which was perfect!
D-1-8 D-9-10 D-26-27D-28 blk


Back to our day spent touring Minneapolis.  I took majority of the photos around the Guthrie.  Such a gorgeous location.
This view is from the cantilever at the Guthrie.  What you see is the reflection of the sky on the railing and the view of the beautiful Mississippi River and Stone Arch Bridge.
D-12 
Here's Miss Mabel's reflection off that railing.
D-11 blk D-2 D-13 blk 
Back inside the Amber Room... 
D-15 blkD-16-17D-18 blk 
I love Minneapolis' skyline.
D-19 blkD-14 blk 
 And a few family shots outside.  It was a hot, hot day!  Love and miss you guys!!  xo
D-5-6D-4

1 comments:

Kareen said...

That Amber Room one still takes my breath away. I'm thinking it's one of my top 5 all time favorite Vinnie shots.