Wednesday, September 1, 2010

My First Newborns - Joaquin & Helena

I was so lucky that I was able to participate in this photo session!  My friend Jen just had her twins at 36 weeks after a difficult pregnancy.  She did such an amazing job carrying them so far!  Her babies are simply precious!!  I was so excited when my friend Erin - of Erin Tukua Photography - asked me to join them for a newborn shoot.  Not only was I excited to see the babies and Jen, I couldn't wait to see Erin, who is 38 weeks pregnant - and working hard!  She has also had a difficult pregnancy so far, but has done so well carrying her son.  Erin is also a mother of twins so it was fun to talk twin stuff with both of them.  :)  Thanks for inviting me to assist and shoot with you, Erin!!

Since this is my first newborn shoot, I barely did any editing.  I'll be honest, newborns are a whole 'nother ball game!  To see how it should be done, check out Erin's fabulous photos of Joaquin & Helena.  Simply beautiful!

Now, let's get to the photos!

First, we have Miss Helena
H +J -1 H +J -7

And her big brother, Joaquin
H +J -3

Got a little smile from him
H +J -4
H +J -5

And now some more of Helena
H +J -8H +J -9H +J -10H +J -11H +J -12

She looks so much like her big sister in this one
H +J -13
H +J -14

And the two of them together.  So precious!
H +J -15

H +J -16

One of Momma and Joaquin
H +J -2

And... one of Erin in action at 38 weeks pregnant!
H +J -6

4 comments:

The Hunnicutts said...

Vinnie: These are great! Love them!

Stacia said...

Love them!!!!!

Jeanne said...

Precious! You did such a great job on your first newborn shoot!

All Made Up said...

this is awesome Vinnie!